Tuesday, September 9, 2008

WEEK NINE

This week, Puan Foziah is back. For this week, I think she wants to talk a lot of things since she was absent last week. Yes, I am right. She has given us a deep explanation on our last assignment which is PORTFOLIO. All our works which has been done through out the whole semester must be handed in (compiled) as a portfolio. Let me recall back our task started with photo edit, audio edit, and video edit and so on. We must compile all the tasks as well as the tutorials. I would like to thank her because she gave us opportunity to compile all our works. It makes us appreciate our works as it has been compiled in one portfolio. Later on, I hope she will give us back this portfolio after she has marked it. This is because, all the works that she has given to us are beneficial and they are really suitable to be used while we go out for teaching. I like the idea to compile our work as teacher can assess students’ work from this portfolio. She can see the students’ progression and yet, she knows what can be improved from this portfolio. Personally, I think portfolio is black and white evidence on students’ work. So, if anyone wants to see our works, they can refer from this portfolio.

Other than that, all the works that has been done through out the whole semester plus the tutorials can make my work easier after I will be posted to primary school in the future. If I am forgetting on how to edit photo or etc, I just refer from my portfolio. It shows that how important and beneficial the portfolio is for me as I have a short term memory.


Last week, even though Puan Foziah was not entering the class, she has given some notes to be presented in this week. So, this week we have to present it. For my group, our topic was “Working with the coursebook”. We have to work in group of 5/6. This topic also has been shared with other 2 groups. This topic is long and we have to make it short. Puan Foziah wanted to train us to be a good presenter as a teacher we have to confident enough to be in front of the classroom. Yet, the notes that she has been given to us train us to analyze important ideas as well as guide us to explain what are they in the notes.

No comments: