Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Week Four-Photo Editing


Wow! It is quite enjoyable to learn about photo editing. I felt excited because I knew after this class I can edit my photo since I am not photogenic. But it is not important as how I am going to use this knowledge for my students is more important. Puan Foziah has shown before and after edit picture to us. It is impressing because the original photo is very simple and after she edited the photo, it became an interesting photo. Before this, I just know that there is super impose and from this class, I can learn how to create a new one. I realized that it is not impossible if we want to edit our photo. For some people, photo brings memory and it is black and white evidence that can be shown to their children as well as their grandchildren.

For me as a teacher, photo can be one of the resources that can be used in the classroom. Photo can help me to teach English language as it can trigger pupils’ attention and make them provide the language. However, the photo should be appropriate and clearer so that pupils can see the photo clearly and what we want them to learn will be understand vividly. If the photo is small in size, not clear and cannot be seen throughout the class, it is difficult to teach them. From this class, I learnt how to remove red eye, brightness, crop, resize and put some effects to the photo by using software like Adobe Photoshop and Picasa. I have asked one of my friends what software has use as she experts in editing photo. She suggested to use Photo Pos Pro and Anvsoft Photo Manager. Thanks to her.

I cannot wait to apply this new skill as it is important to try what we have learnt. So, we can test whether we can acquire this skill or not. As a task, she asked us to choose any photo and edit it. Then, we have to upload it in the Photobucket so that everyone in this world can watch our masterpiece.

No comments: