Friday, July 11, 2008

WEEK ONE: INTRODUCTION TO PBEY3102

This is my first week in this course, PBEY 3102-Using and developing resources for young learners. I kept on thinking what this course is all about. I cannot wait to enter the class. I assumed it was more on how we as a teacher to be develop and exploit everything around us in order to apply it in the classroom.

However, what I thought was wrong as actually it is about we use technology as the source that can be implemented for our students. I found that it was fun because I did not realize that anything related with technology can be used in the classroom.

My jaw dropped because looking at my lecturer, Pn Foziah, she knows everything about technology. It made me envy as a new generation and a human being that born in a technology era, did not know much knowledge about technology compared to her. She seemed excited when talked about anything related with technology. She made me realized that a simple song, video clip or photo can be resources for our lesson. I did not that all those things that can be found around us were adequate to us.

While my lecturer presented in front of the class, I kept wondering how I am going to learn all these new things because I am not use to them before. I am quite nervous and worried if I cannot survive in this course. It seemed all my friends familiar with technology as I do not know anything. Now I realized that how it is important for a teacher to learn new things and be creative and innovative in order to produce a good quality of resource. This is important because my students can get the benefits as this is my job as a teacher to educate them. However, I have a strong feel that my friends and my lecturer can give guideline on how to acquire this new knowledge.

I hope that by entering this course, I can widen my knowledge on how to develop high quality of resources. In addition, I want to equip myself and I need to work hard so that I can acquire the knowledge very well.

No comments: