Thursday, July 17, 2008

Week two ~ Second assignment


This week is the week where we get our second assignment. Our internet skill will be tested in this assignment. The elements that our lecturer wants to see are Downloading, Encoding, Storing, Burning, and Searching skill. This is a group assignment. Each group consists of five members. After we choose our group members, Puan Foziah changes our groups because she not satisfies with our choice. She has set her criteria in order to form a group which is we have to be in mix gender and race. At first, all of us are not agree with her since we are used to choose our own group members before this in IPIK. But then, after she explains her reasons why she doing this as she wants us to work with everyone. This is a kind of preparation for us to be in group with people we are not used to work before.

 

For this assignment, we have to use Curriculum Specification for English Year 5. Besides that, each group will get different topic. For my group, we get topic “Family First”. She reminds us to use this CS. At first, I keep on thinking, why we have to follow CS. This is because, I thought it is depends on us to search pictures that we want to choose. After that, I realize that how important CS is.

CS has been set up by the Ministry of Education as a guideline @ framework for teachers to assist them in their teaching and learning process. It guides teachers to prepare for her lesson. A teacher without CS is like a blind man without his cane. Yes, maybe she can teach without CS but students will not get what they suppose to get for that particular year. In CS, it has learning outcomes and certain things that students need to acquire suit with their stage of development. If teachers teach them with topic for that not supposes to be taught, it might disturb their cognitive development.

 

Puan Foziah also gives examples for each skill. For example, we can use keepvid, Bit torrent and so on to download the videos that we intend to keep. I asked my friends if we have another alternative. She said we can directly save the video if we use orbit downloader. For encoding, she suggests to encode in Total video converter. My friends tell me that we can use Super converter. These are the storing and burning software we can use to store our file that has been suggested by my lecturer.

Storing – photobucket, 4shared file    burning- NERO STARTSMART

I have found other software to keep our file. Storing – www.slide.com

 

            I have to admit that I am not familiar with all these software. Luckily, I have this course for this semester. I hope I can learn many things from this course since my lecturer is very supportive and she has much knowledge about it. Besides, my course mates also are here to help me in order to learn.

No comments: